The UOIT Archives is a collection of University records which document the history of the institution.
- The Archives acquires and preserves university records including, but not limited to, the following:
- official records of administrative, legal, historical value
- semi-official records including items which document the institution's history, records of student activities, architectural plans, campus maps, significant records of departments, research centres and programs
- publications, papers and records which chronicle the institution's activities including student news publications, university news publications, press releases, faculty publications,
- memorabilia including posters, clothing, programs from openings and dedications of campus buildings, oral histories, photographs, slides
- personal and professional papers of individuals integral to the institution
- Material donated to the Archives will become the exclusive property of the Archives.
- Personnel records, financial records and student records are excluded from the collection.
- The archives complies and operates within University policies (ie. copyright, FIPPA).
- Access to the collection is restricted. All requests for archival information should be directed to the University Archivist or Chief Librarian.